Thursday, February 21, 2013

Trusting Ben... {and a very important question to consider}

At the beginning of our last rehearsal before we left for ACTF {an acting competition}, my scene partner, Ben, stopped me and said, "Before we do anything, Noelle, I need to ask you a question. Do you trust me?"

I was shocked. Flabbergasted. I looked into his eyes, clouded with trouble, and didn't know how to even begin processing what he asked because nothing could have been further from the truth.

A few weeks later, I asked him why he posed that question, because I NEVER want another scene partner of mine to think that I don't trust them.

"Well, when I would say that I thought our scene was good you never agreed with me. And when I told you you were doing a great job, you would always be like, 'yeah thanks... but no, not really.'"

WOW. I had chosen Ben to be my partner because he is the only male actor at my university that I can trust wholeheartedly. And yet, even though I wanted to trust Ben, I couldn't. Because I didn't trust myself.

I couldn't trust him, because I couldn't trust myself.

And it has made me think...

How many blessings do I deny myself because I don't trust myself or don't believe that I deserve the blessings I could have?

No comments:

Post a Comment