I think it's time to share a little smattering of my thoughts again. It's good, y'know? And I don't want to completely neglect what once upon a time was my one last ditch effort to help myself cultivate a more positive and clear attitude toward who I am and what's going on in my life.
I'm doing better!
I've come to realize that approaching my issues with an "I-shall-and-can-overcome-with-a-smile-on-my-face" attitude is so much better than my previous "I-am-drowing-in-a-miry-pit-of-despair-and-I-shall-never-be-able-to-swim-to-the-surface-and-catch-my-breath-and-rest-even-though-I-want-to" attitude.
I've come to realize that I have to love myself at all moments of my life, even when I have made mistakes.
I've come to realize that I like myself when I don't punish myself constantly and view my mistakes with a fatalistic attitude.
I've come to realize that I'm not as ugly and awkward as my mind's eye always paints myself to be.
I've come to realize that serving others and bringing them unspeakable joy by sacrificing my needs and wants and comforts is the best decision I can make on a daily basis.
I've realized that I've denied myself who I am because of the fear that the rest of the world won't accept it.
I've realized that in order to give love I have to first receive love -- from Him who gives the purest love.
I've realized that the sun rises every morning -- whether I can see it or not.
I've realized that if you hug someone first, they're liable to hug you back.
I've realized that I love teaching, because I love loving people. And rejoicing with and for them.
I've realized that it's wrong to give other people the impression that you and your life is perfect. Not just wrong for them, but horridly wrong for you.
I've realized that my family is a beautiful gift. I love them so much.
I've realized that I can call home whenever and talk to my little brothers and my Dad and my Mom. That's allowed.
I've realized that contributing is a good thing.
I've realized that life is not just black and white -- it's not one extreme or another. If I say something silly once, it doesn't mean that I'm silly for every minute of my life. It just means that I was silly for that one moment and that one moment only.
I've realized that it's good to talk to people.
I've realized that it's good to let people talk to me. It's good to listen to other people.
I've realized that life is better when you sleep more.
I've realized that life is better when you eat healthfully.
I've realized that life is better when you strive to do EVERYTHING with excellence.
I've realized that it's imperative to immerse myself in inspiring things. Such as reading the scriptures for specific long amounts of time in the morning.
I've realized that the morning sunlight is curiously invigorating.
I've realized that being punctual is the only way to live.
And I've realized that there is no one specific formula for happiness. It's a complicated, inconstant, delicate formula with several constants and a whole lot of variables. But it's worth the work and concentration to complete that formula every day.
Is my life perfect? No! Will I have some bad days? Yes! For the rest of my life? Heck yes. But is this life still worth it? Dang right you are.
Enjoy the sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment